California is experiencing worst case scenario of drought. For the last four years, the country has been dry, had too little rain. The government has endeavored to provide some lasting solutions to citizens but still the problem is not yet solved. It is good you note that the government under the leadership of Governor Brown has declared a state emergency and made it mandatory for cemeteries, golf clubs and private residents with lawns to not waste any water. We must look for other ways to supply people with water. California Drought is a natural calamity that requires divine intervention. The California drought is unpredictable, no one knows when it will end.
You must save water using all means- at this juncture every single drop of water can help.
How can you help?
- Ensure you turn off the tap anytime you brush your teeth. Avoid the normal situations where you always allow water is running while brushing your teeth. You will save quite a number of litters of water by doing so.
- Avoid the longer shower. Make sure you spend utmost seven liters in the shower, which means, you have to take less than 5 minutes in the shower.
- If you have a pool, install a pool cover. This can save you 3-5 thousand gallons per year!
- Repair any tap that might be dripping.
- Cistern displacement device will be of great help in your toilet- it reduces the amount of water that is used in any flush. You can buy one from any water provider.
- Keep drinking water in the fridge, there is no need for you to leave the tap running to run water cold.
- Invest in water efficient household products like; showerheads, washing machines, taps, dishwashers, and toilets. Such products will help you to reduce the amount of water you use without monitoring manually.
- Check the water meter for any water leaks. Turn off every tap in the house and monitor your meter, if the readings change, means there is a water leak somewhere.
- Avoid using a hose instead use a broom when cleaning sidewalks and driveways.
- When cleaning the car, use a pail.