Last Updated on November 23, 2020
Owning a pool comes with a lot of responsibility. Not only do you have to make sure it is safe for use, but you also have to maintain and clean it regularly. Caring for your pool is tedious but necessary if you want it to be an enjoyable place. Water tests, adding chemicals, and cleaning the water and filters are all part of the package and this is time-consuming.
How to Automate The Swimming Pool Care?
The good news is that there are ways you can fully automate the pool care process, so you can have a great looking pool with less effort and time. Today, taking care of your pool is much easier. All you need is a little knowledge and some equipment, and you can have your pool care and maintenance performed automatically. You will have more time to enjoy the pool.
Pool Care Automation
This is the process of using modern technology to care for your pool, rather than good old-fashioned sweat and time. Using automated processes, more of your time is freed up. These systems not only do all the hard work for you but they also allow you to monitor your pool from anywhere. Automated systems are able to add the necessary chemicals when required and test the water at regular intervals. Some are even fancy enough to clean the pool for you too. You will, of course, have to ass the chemicals to the system for it to use, so you are not completely off the hook, but you get the easy job at the end of the day. Pool filters also have to be cleaned by your hand from time to time, but when you compare the workload, the automated system does most of the work, leaving you free time to swim and entertain guests.
Automated care systems need to be installed. This means there will be an added cost if installed at the same time as your pool, or an additional cost if it is added after the fact. This should be considered as an initial investment because, in the long run, it will save you money. Upfront costs will be a little higher, but over the lifespan of your pool maintenance and care costs will be lower.
Automating Your Pool Care
Getting a system installed and set up is a relatively simple process and there are only a few key steps you need to follow:
- Check your internet connection before getting an automated system because god connectivity is required in order for you to monitor the system. The Wi-fi signal needs to reach the pool area, so you may need to extend or move your router, so the appropriate area gets coverage.
- Make sure you have the right tools such as a Pool Monitoring System and an Automated Cleaning System. Check for systems that ship you pre-measured chemicals that can be dropped in as needed. The system will let you know when chemicals are needed so all you have to do is throw them in.
- Robotic pool cleaners are a great investment as they can easily travel around the bottom and sides of the pool cleaning up dirt and grime. You will still have to clean the skimmer occasionally, but overall, much less of your time is required.
- Bring in a professional to install the automated system. Setting them up is not difficult, however, so if you are a handy do-it-yourselfer, then you can always take care of this yourself. Instructions are always provided so follow them carefully, and if you run into any challenges, there are professionals you can reach out to for assistance.
- You can monitor the system through a computer or your smartphone, and it will let you know when chemicals are needed. Get the chemicals in there right away, so there is no risk to the pool water getting off balance in between. Set reminders to check the filtration system, as you will need to clean these at regular intervals to keep optimal water quality.
A lot has changed when it comes to taking care of your pool. Modern technology allows us to take a step back and relax a little more. Whether this is all worth it or not depends n what you expect to get out of owning a pool. If you are a hands-on type of person, then the automated system may not work for you. But, if you always wanted a pool but you think the maintenance process is complicated and daunting, then these systems are perfect.
Automated pool care systems make it easier than ever to care for and clean your pool, giving you more time. Remember that although it will be doing most of the work, you are not completely free of responsibility. So long as you are prepared your part in supporting the automated system, this modern marvel will reduce your workload significantly and be your new best friend.